*You need a Hoiio SIP Line. If you have not gotten one yet, please refer to Getting started with SIP.
Follow these guide for step by step to set up X-lite Soft Phone:
1. Go to http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite.html and download X-Lite.
2. Install X-lite following the install guide of counterpath
3. Launch X-Lite and go to > Softphone > Account Settings.
4. On the "Account" window, enter the following information. Then click on "OK".
Account name: You can input SIP Username or anything you want.
User ID SIP Username we provide (same as account name)
Domain: SIP server we provided
Password: SIP Password we provide d
Display name: anything you want to appear on top
Now You can use your Soft phone, If you still interested in optimize your softphone go to next advanced step.
If you're using firewall on your network, please configure firewall allows VoIP traffic (see the firewall information on Hoiio User Portal)
To make outgoing calls, follow this standard: <country code> + <area code> + <destination>. For example, if you are calling a Singapore number 1234 5678, key in: 6512345678 and call.
5. Change Transport Protocol
6. Optimize SIP setting. Goto Softphone > Preferences
- DTMF mode: RFC 2833
- Codec: G711 aLaw, G711 ulaw, G729, GSM
Articles you may also be interested in: