How do I configure Polycom Stand Point 32X/33X with Hoiio SIP?
*You need a Hoiio SIP Line. If you have not gotten one yet, please refer to Getting started with SIP.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Assemble your IP phone device and connect network, powersource and handset. You can refer to Quick Start Guide by Polycom.
2. Go to Menu > Status > Network > TCP/IP Parameters and take a memo of your IP address. Make sure DHCP is enabled.
3. Open a web browser and type your IP address in the address bar.
4. When a security window pops up, type in user name and password. Default user name is Polycom, password is 456
5. Once you log on to the web interface, click on the SIP tab and enter the following information:
- Address: siptrunk.hoiio.com
- Port: 5060
- Transport: DNSnaptr
- Expires: 300
And then click Submit.
6. Click on the Lines tab and enter the following information:
- Display name and Label of your choice.
- Address: <sip username> *@siptrunk.hoiio.com
- Authentication User ID: <sip username>
- Authentication Password: <sip password>
* Use the information you have gotten on your Hoiio SIP. If you are not sure, please go to your Hoiio SIP, or refer to Getting started with SIP
7. Click Submit and let your IP Phone restart.
**To make outgoing calls, follow this standard: <country code> + <area code> + <destination>. For example, if you are calling a Singapore number 12345678, key in: 6512345678 and call.
**For more detailed instruction, please refer to the product guide by Polycom.
If you use another model, please kindly find a guide on the Polycom support website.
If you have a problem with making outgoing calls to a number that consists of more than 10 digit numbers, you may be able to solve it by following these steps below:
1. Go to the Polycom Web Config Interface and click on "SIP". Then scroll down and go to "Local Settings" .
2. Delete all the "Digitmap".
3. Click on "Submit".
Now, you should be able to dial any number, yet cannot make a call without pushing the Dial button. In order to utilize the auto dialing function, you can enter prefix in [ ] and as many x's as the number of digit numbers after prefix. If you would like to have multiple digitmaps, you can separate them with " | ".
For example, if you often call a Singaporean number +65 1234-5678 and a Japanese number +81 50-1234-5678, enter the following in the Digitmap and submit.
xxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxx
Then your phone automatically dials when you enter 65 + eight digit numbers or 81 + ten digit numbers.
You can also refer to the Polycom FAQ website for more information.
Articles you may also be interested in: