*You need a Hoiio SIP Line. If you have not gotten one yet, please refer to Getting started with SIP.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Assemble your IP phone device and connect network, powersource and handset. You may find a guide by Linksys at their website.
2. On your IP phone device, click setting button and go to Network, and find Current IP.
3. Open a web browser and type your IP address in the address bar.
4. Once you get to the web configuration interface and click on "Admin login".
5. Click on "Ext 1" and select "yes" for Line Enable under the General field.
6. Scroll down to Proxy and Registration, then enter the following information.
Register Expires: 3600
7. Enter the following information under Subscriber Information.
Display Name: Anything you would like to appear on LCD of your IP phone
User ID: SIP Username from your Hoiio SIP account (e.g. sip1234567)
Password: SIP Password from your Hoiio SIP account
8. Scroll down to Audio Configuration, and select the following codec for preferred codec: G711u, G711a.
9. Click on "Submit All Changes" and let your IP phone device reboot.
**To make outgoing calls, follow this standard: <country code> + <area code> + <destination>. For example, if you are calling a Singapore number 1234 5678, key in: 65 1234 5678 and call.
Articles you may also be interested in: